ANTI-BRIBERY & ANTI-CORRUPTION POLICY
This Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Policy is to further enforce the AmanahRaya-Kenedix REIT Manager Sdn Bhd’s (AKRM’s) Code of Conduct & Business Ethics to ensure that employees understand their responsibilities in compliance with Amanah Raya Berhad’s zero tolerance for bribery and corruption within the organisation.
In maintaining good governance, AKRM and Amanah Raya Berhad (the Company) is committed to conduct its businesses and operations with high ethical standards and integrity.
The Company adopts a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of Bribery and Corruption by its Directors, Management, employees and any individual/organisation acting for the Company and on its behalf and takes a strong stance against such acts.
The purpose of this policy statement is to:
- set out the Company’s responsibilities, and of those working or providing services for the Company (including service providers of the Company), in observing and upholding the Company’s position on Bribery and Corruption
- provide information and guidance as to how the Company expects those working for the Company to conduct themselves and how to recognise and deal with Bribery and Corruption issues; and
- how to raise concerns with the Company including any breaches of this policy.
CODE OF BUSINESS ETHICS
The objective for developing Amanahraya-Kendix REIT Manager Sdn Bhd’s (AKRM’s) Code of Business Ethics is to support AmanahRaya Berhad’s vision and the 5 Core Values AmanahRaya Berhad upholds.
This Code serves to outline to our members/vendors/service providers, acceptable and unacceptable business conducts.
Everyone to whom this Code applies to must comply with all applicable laws, and are responsible for being familiar with them and the contents of this Code.
VENDOR CODE OF ETHICS
AmanahRaya-Kenedix REIT Manager Sdn Bhd (AKRM) is committed to the procurement process that fosters fair and open competition, is conducted under high ethical standards, and enjoys confidence of the public. To achieve this goal, AKRM has adopted the Vendor Code of Ethics of Amanah Raya Berhad, which prescribes standards that exceed the procurement process standards currently used.
The Vendor Code of Ethics is applicable to all vendors, involved in the procurement process of AKRM for the award or performance of contracts for goods, services, public works and miscellaneous procurement.
WHISTLE BLOWING POLICY
Amanahraya-Kendix REIT Manager Sdn Bhd (AKRM) is committed to promote and maintain high standard of transparency, accountability and ethics as well as good Corporate Governance practices in the workplace.
Whistle blowing is an act of voluntary disclosure/reporting to the Management of AKRM for further action of any improper conduct committed or about to be committed by an employee of AKRM.
Whistle blowing Policy is implemented to:
- Provide an avenue for all employees and members of the public to disclose any improper conduct or any action that is or could be harmful to the reputation of AKRM and/or compromise the interest of stakeholders
- Provide proper internal reporting channel to disclose any improper or unlawful conduct in accordance with the procedures as provided for under this policy
- Address a disclosure in an appropriate and timely manner
- Provide protection for the whistle blower from reprisal as a direct consequence of making a disclosure and to safeguard such person’s confidentiality
- Treat both the whistle-blower and the alleged wrongdoer fairly
In order for the whistle blower to be protected under the policy, the whistle blower must disclose his/her name, NRIC number and contact details. The disclosure must at least have details of person(s) involved, nature of allegation, when and where the incident took place as well as supporting evidence, if any.
Complete protection will be given to the whistle-blower against any unfair practice not limited to retaliation, threat or intimidation of termination/suspension of service, disciplinary action, transfer, demotion, refusal of promotion or including any direct or indirect use of authority to obstruct the whistle-blower’s rights to continue to perform his/her duties including making further disclosures.
AKRM has a right to direct the disclosure to other relevant grievances channel if the disclosure does not fall under this policy.
Disclosures of Improper Conduct may also be reported directly via electronic e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Amanahraya Berhad website.